The following statement explains Passion Ate The Chef policy relating to the collection, storage and use of personal information. The purpose of this policy is to assure anyone who does business with Passion Ate The Chef will comply with both the letter and spirit of the Privacy Act 1988.
COMPLIANCE WITH PRIVACY LEGISLATION
Passion Ate The Chef takes seriously its obligation to safeguard personal information regarding its customers. Passion Ate The Chef complies with the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is generally defined as information or an opinion that can identify a person. The type of personal information that Passion Ate The Chef collects from its customers will vary.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Passion Ate The Chef policy is only to use or disclose personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. Passion Ate The Chef may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which a customer would reasonably expect it to be used. If Passion Ate The Chef wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances it would obtain the customer’s consent to do so.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
Passion Ate The Chef does not sell personal information to other companies. The only circumstances in which external organisations may be given access to Passion Ate The Chef customer personal information are when Passion Ate The Chef contractors and service providers are assisting Sunscreen Patios & Pergolas in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service (for example, a company which helps maintain Sunscreen Patios & Pergolas computer systems or sends out Passion Ate The Chef mail).
Passion Ate The Chef may send advertising mail to its customers where the advertising mail is related to the purpose for which the information was collected. If the customer no longer wishes to receive promotional information from Passion Ate The Chef, the customer should advise the Passion Ate The Chef, Marketing Manager.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Passion Ate The Chef will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that it collects and ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date. Customer information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. Passion Ate The Chef employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Customers are welcome to request personal information Passion Ate The Chef hold about them. Access will only be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- the request is frivolous and vexatious
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request
- access would be unlawful
- denial of access is authorised or required by law
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities
- access discloses a commercially sensitive decision making process or information
- any other reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set-out under the Privacy Ac
If the customer wishes to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, they may write to the Passion Ate The Chef Manager.
CHANGES IN THE FUTURE